Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hoping it's Spring Time.

A week ago I was sure Spring had arrived. The green grass was sprouting up, the roads were dry, most of the snow banks were gone then God fooled us, it snowed for 24 hours. The roads were so bad my nephew's car skidded out of control, went off the road and hit a tree. The car was a total write-off but Pat was okay. The next few days were great, the sun returned and melted all the snow, back to Spring Time again. Sunday I took Bill to Walmart to pick up his meds, and for coffee at McDonalds, (Mcds). We left and walk into an unexpected hail storm. The hail was the size of golf balls. I wanted Bill to wait inside while I got the car, but he insisted on walking to the car. Needless to say, I got soaked, he is slower than a turtle. Bill had been in bed for almost two weeks and he chose this day to go out. The last few days have been great. Dare I say, Spring is here once again.





Thanks for the photos Christine.




In a few weeks we are going to have a new quilt store in Thunder Bay, I can hardly wait. Luci's shop sounds so exciting. I'm also grateful her shop is close to my home.

I received my Easter mug rug from Carol in Florida. I now have a collection of 3 sitting on my table. The other two are from Carol, Ct., and Joan, Co.







I enjoyed the emails from my Easter Mug Rug swap partner Carol in Ct.. I've never met her but I feel like I've known her forever. She is interesting and kind. Years ago, on his way to work, my brother John, would stop and take random pictures of Thunder Bay at 5:30 am. I used "Printed Treasures" to copy and print John's photo to make a mug rug using the Sleeping Giant picture and I sent it to Carol.

I've been using Printed Treasures for years, it's the best, great for making labels.

Here is Carol's email to me.


THANK YOU so much for the beautiful mug rug, and card.
I was so surprised when I got home today and found your package....completely unexpected.
I LOVE the mug rug....thank you so much. The funny thing is, we have a "sleeping giant" about 5 miles away from where I live!
Here is a link to a website that shows a picture of "him" in autumn. http://www.sgpa.org/ Seems even our landmarks link us!!!!

So not only does she live near my mom's family, they also have a Sleeping Giant.
Here is the Carol's Thunder Bay Sleeping Giant Mug Rug.










Fabricland carried many of Vancouver's 2010 Winter Olympic fabrics with British Colombia's totem poles and fabrics with the birds from the top of the totem poles. Heather and I bought more than we needed and now I have to find ways to use it up.
Here is a bag I made using the charm bag pattern and some of Sharon's ideas. Sharon was my Halloween tote bag swap partner. Check out Sharon's Blog, and click on Friday, December 3, 2010. I have her on my blog list. You will see how she made my beautiful bag.
I love my bag.

SHARON ZACK
Quilting With A Marmalade Cat





I love this fabric, it's wild, colourful, and unique.

It's for you Marlene.

No comments:

Post a Comment