Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Quilt retreat, Ignace, Ontario, Canada.

Thursday, February 20, 2014.
Maria and Joan picked me up at 8:30 am, and we drove to Ignace, Ontario. It's almost a three hour trip. 

Cold, snowy, what better way to celebrate a winter than to attend a quilting retreat. Quilting retreats are truly more fun than should be allowed. Away from home for a weekend with my sewing machine, good friends, and a stack of projects I've been itching to stitch. Who can resist the lure of a quilt retreat. This quilt retreat had everything. Good location, wonderful quilting area, excellent food, and our hotel rooms up stairs. I had a great time, the atmosphere was welcoming and friendly, I stayed with friends. 
Dori's Sewing Studio & Quilt Shop from Sioux Lookout joined our retreat,
plus a few other vendors.
Dori sat behind me and she was an enormous help. She checked my Janome Horizon 7700 sewing machine and showed me how to do free motion quilting. I still haven’t perfected it but now I’m trying, which is more than I’ve done before. Having Dori around put my mind at ease. She is an excellent teacher, besides she sure knows her stuff.  On top of everything else, she was so much fun. 

Fortunately for us, we got to watch the Olympics in Russia. We watched the Canadian girls hockey team win a gold metal playing against the Americans. Sunday morning we watched the Canadian men hockey team win another gold playing against the Swedes. We had a player from Thunder Bay, on the Olympic team, Patrick Sharp.




No comments:

Post a Comment