Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 4, 2014

From Wendy Currie, Wendysquilting.

A Very Special Quilt

POSTED ON 

I have been friends with Betty for many years, she is a wonderful and giving person with a heart full of love and compassion for others. She blesses many people with the gift of her quilting skills. This quilt that she recently made and had me quilt for her was extra special.


In discussing how Betty envisioned this quilt, quilted she said that she wanted me to do my thing but to incorporate butterflies as the girls really loved them. I once again used Judi Madsens inspiring book with her butterflies, dragonflies and flowers and freehand quilted for the most part. There is also some ruler work.
Image

Image


Thank you Betty for allowing me to add my touches to your special gift.

Wendy Currie, it was my pleasure, I love your creative work. Thank you from me, Jackie, Rick and her son, the dad, Ryan.  

I made this quilt for my friend and neighbour, Jacqueline Leclerc. Her 2 grand daughters, Serenity, Kiralyn and their mom, Joyce, were tragitically taken from her. Feb 13, 2014.
I hope this quilt will help you heal. Thank you Wendy Currie, for the awesome quilting. Thank you Dori's Sewing Studio & Quilt Shop, for all your help at the Ignace quilt retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment