Total Pageviews

Monday, January 17, 2011

Snapshot, Matthew's Quilt


Bill enjoys going out everyday for coffee so we go to McDonald's in Wal Mart. Matthew is a dear young friend who works there.
He takes care of Bill when I run around picking up things. We let Matthew call us gramps and granny and from time to time we enjoy giving him a ride home.
Matthew picked the cars fabric, I picked the rest. It's taken me a long time to finish this quilt. I had a heck of a time quilting on the grid, my thread kept breaking. I used my Pffaf 2056 and Husqvarna Designer 1, the thread still broke. Heather suggested I use "all purpose sewer's aid' on my threads. It worked and I was able to finish the quilt. I've had this problem for a number of years, when I take the machine to the repair man at our quilt shop he can't find the problem. It's too bad we have no one here who can really take care of our sewing machines.
This is the same quilt pattern and fabric I made for Zack. If I use the same pattern more than once I tried to change something. The binding on both quilts are different.









Matthew was happy to get this quilt. His old horse, Trigger, was put to sleep last week, so I know Trigger won't be cover in Matthew's new quilt. I hope the dogs don't get at it.
Matthew I'm just kidding. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. How great to have a friend when you need one. I am sure Matthew is thrilled with his new quilt. I hate it when threads keep breaking, but than goodness you got the sewer aid to work for you. That stuff works like a dream in older machines, but the new ones tell me to never use it! Darn!

    ReplyDelete