Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Isabel's Grandson' Quilt.





Isabel is going to be a Grandma again soon, her son Chris and his wife are expecting their second child, a baby boy. Isabel asked me if I would make a quilt for him.
The pattern was in the magazine, Better Homes and Gardens, Quilts&more, May 2005. It is called "set sail crib quilt".
Tiny toy boats stitched from left over fabrics from Dawn and Al's Olympic Quilts, a sweet quilt perfect for a baby boy. Designer: Darlene Zimmerman. The beautiful quilting was done by Wendy Currie. She's the best.
I was glad to hear Chris and his wife loved the quilt.






Jacob's Ladder.

I made this quilt sometime ago as the date on the label indicates. The quilt name is "Jacob's Ladder". I met Kathy in 2001, as a new neighbour, she was employed by Heart and Stroke Organization, lecturing all across Canada. A while later Kathy developed a serious health issue and had to quit her job to spend considerable time in the hospital. I made a quilt with a biblical theme to help her during her difficult time. Last week I saw Kathy, she was so ecstatic to see. She was taking care of a friend's dog, unaware that the dog had chewed her quilt. Kathy was heartbroken, she couldn't find any one to repair it. She just took it for granted I could repair it.
Kathy told me "I still take my quilt to the hospital, I love this quilt, no one ever gave or made anything for me".
I asked Maria how she would repair this quilt and she agreed with me, all you can do is applique something on the area that has a hole. The back was difficult to repair, I placed some batting, than fabric on the 2 major holes and used a zig zag stitch all around. The front was a bit easier, I cut out a big heart and applique it. It was not the best but it was all I could do.
Kathy wasn't home when I dropped it off so, I asked Diana to bring it to her. I hope she like it.


A card I received from Carol in CT.

The last two week in June, Canada had a Postal Carries strike, which ended when they were official ordered back to work by the Government. The first two days after the strike, I received a flyer from Canadian Tire, a Canadian hardware store. I posted this important information on Facebook. Carol my mug rug swap partner felt sorry for me and sent me this beautiful card with kind words. She wanted me to get something more interesting in the mail.
I have been blessed with wonderful quilt swap partners.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment